The Icon Kit is a feature allowing players to change their appearance in Geometry Dash, Geometry Dash Lite, Geometry Dash Meltdown and Geometry Dash World. A series of icon designs can be selected for each form as well as corresponding primary and secondary colours, although these are applied to all forms and cannot be selected individually. In addition, trail and death effects can be selected, although none of these have any physical effects on gameplay.
- Completing main levels in Normal or Practice mode
- Completing User Levels in Normal mode
- Completing demon difficulty levels in Normal mode
- Completing Map Packs
- Completing Gauntlets
- Jumping or attempting levels many times
- Earning collectibles, including stars, secret coins, user coins, diamonds, and shards
- Purchasing from the Shop, Community Shop, or Secret Shop with orbs
- Solving the riddles of the Vault, Vault of Secrets, and Chamber of Time
- Exploring the Basement
- Opening chests in the Treasure Room with keys
- Liking/disliking or rating the stars of User Levels
- Submitting levels via the Level Editor and getting them liked or star rated
- Following creators or adding them as friends
- "Destroying players" by clicking the icons that pass by on the main menu
- Clicking the social media and More Games links
Geometry Dash Lite, Geometry Dash Meltdown and Geometry Dash World, while still being shown the complete Icon Kit, cannot unlock all available options due to their limited content. However, data can be transferred from these games using user accounts to the full version, which is required in order to unlock cubes 65 to 71 from Geometry Dash Meltdown and cubes 72 and 75 from Geometry Dash World.
(1-4, 6-8, 10-12, 14, 16)
(25, 27, 29, 31)
(21, 33, 35, 38)
(13, 22-24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36-37, 39, 41-42)
|Update 2.11||35 (108-142)||16 (36-51)||15 (29-43)||7 (29-35)||12 (24-35)||9 (18-26)||7||0||4 (14-17)||0|
- The occurrence of trails is dependent on the form and its interactions with map components. When the player is in ship form or UFO form, the trail will always appear. With spider mode, an unchangeable trail will appear when the player teleports. If the player is in cube form, ball form, or robot form, the trail will only appear when the player interacts with rings, pads, and gravity portals. In the wave form, the trail is hidden behind the wave line.
- When the first unlockable trail was introduced in Update 1.7, it automatically enabled a 'Glow' option that formed an outline of the selected secondary color around the icon. This was changed in Update 2.0 so that unlocking specifically the rainbow trail[verification needed] would provide the ability to enable and disable the Glow option separately, no matter what trail the player is using. Update 2.1 introduced new trails that follow the player no matter what, such as a dotted-line trail.
- An unrelated 'trail' which rapidly ghosts primary coloured copies of the player is present in some levels, being a trigger in the level editor.
- UFO 9 and later releases have smaller domes compared to those released prior.
- The primary color will also be used in the progress bar if turned on.
- Choosing black as the primary color will automatically add a glow around the player's icon, regardless of whether or not you have the "glow" option. Several other changes occur which mostly applies the secondary color to map components in place of the black.
- Despite only being able to be unlocked in the Steam version of Geometry Dash, the "SteamStep!" and the "Steamrolling" icons appear traveling across the menu in the mobile versions of the game. The icons can also be acquired in the said versions by loading a Steam-created save.
- Some ships that are relatively hard to unlock in the full version are easy to unlock in the lite version of the game. For example, the ship unlocked for collecting 600 stars can now be acquired with 15 secret coins.
- Before Update 1.4, there has been a shading for the secondary color and the player was only able to acquire the primary color.
- Prior to Update 2.0, the commonly known 'wave' form did not have an in-game name as the name of forms is only given when selecting locked icons; only the default wave was present in Update 1.9 and therefore no form name was given. Update 2.0 saw its name given to be 'dart'. It was changed back to 'wave' in Update 2.01.
- Prior to Update 2.01, two icons, which are "Nice shot!" and "Catch 'em all!", were glitched and almost impossible to get.
- Despite being glitched, RobTop used the "Nice Shot!" icon in the first sneak peek video for Update 2.0, where he shows the start of the 2.0 level "Geometrical Dominator".
- It was possible to get the "Catch 'em all!" icon by tapping a glitched normal-sized mini icon on the main menu. However, there is a rare chance of this happening.
- Prior to Update 2.1, the requirement to collect the "Supporter" icon was going to settings and tap the "Rate" button. As for Update 2.1, the player is required to tap the lock of the icon, Scratch will then give the player the icon as a free sample, he will then tell the play to find him when they can.
- The player can activate the use of the default mini icons by going into settings.
- The mini form icons for the cube and ball may appear travelling past on the main menu, and may also appear in full size.
- A contest is being held by Viprin, Etzer, and RobTop in which people create their own icons using Adobe Photoshop (preferred) and the best are implemented into 2.2 (originally top 10, but the number increases as more entries come in).
- The results are out. 1st place icons will come in 2.11. 2nd, 3rd, and judges/robtop's pick will come in 2.2.
- The secondary Color 23 and the primary color 26 were impossible to get until 2.11 when they were added into the regular shop.
- In the 1.0 version of Geometry Dash World, there were 8 trails, instead of 7.
- The eighth trail had four lines, one above another.
- Also, the fire-like trail that can be purchased in Scratch's Shop had a different design.
- The icons from Geometry Dash are used from the Oxygene 1 font, like "Stereo Madness!", "Dry Out!", "Jumper!", "Base After Base!", "Supporter", and the icon from Geometry Dash and its spinoff's logos.
- The "Geometry Dash", "Practice Complete", "New Best!", "Level Complete!", "More Games", "Hall of Fame", and the "Featured" texts are also made with the same font.
- The icon unlocked for obtaining 60 user coins resembles BamBam, a boom from the game Boomlings, made by RobTop as well.
- The icon unlocked by completing Hexagon Force in Normal Mode resembles a Creeper, a popularized aggressive and explosive mob from the game Minecraft.
- The UFO unlocked for completing 30 map packs is based on Bowser's Clown Car in Super Mario World.
- The Steam exclusive icon for beating 3 main levels is an obvious reference to Valve's Portal series Companion Cube. It is also related since Valve also owns Steam and is the same developer for "Portal".
- The other Steam icon for beating Clubstep (SteamStep!) has special glasses that look exactly like the official Steam logo.
- The icon unlocked for collecting 10 user coins resembles the sprite of a mushroom from Super Mario Bros. 3.
- However, the icon has a squared top, unlike when it was first seen in the second WIP image for Update 2.0. In the WIP image, it had a rounded top, which made it resemble the mushroom sprite better.
- The icon unlocked for typing 'Lenny' in the vault references a Lenny face, a popular meme created using Unicode characters.
- The icon unlocked for typing 'spooky' in the vault resembles a Shy Guy, an enemy in the Super Mario and Yoshi's Island series.
- The icon unlocked for rating the stars on 2000 online levels appears to be a spin-off on Batman, hence the name, "Justice".
- The icon unlocked for collecting all three coins on Deadlocked loosely appears to be a spin-off on Wolverine. It could also be a reference to Gengar, a character from the Pokemon series.
- The icon unlocked for collecting 150 user coins and the robot from completing Deadlocked in Normal Mode resemble Iron Man.
- The icon unlocked for receiving 3000 stars appears to be a direct reference to Super Meat Boy.
- The icon unlocked for collecting 110 secret coins appears to be a spin-off on Deadpool.
- The ship unlocked for getting 3,500 stars resembles the Mon Calamari, a ship from the Star Wars franchise.
- The ball unlocked for collecting 140 user coins resembles the Yin-Yang symbol in Chinese philosophy (Taoism).
- It also resembles one of the balls posted by GD user Etzer on TouchArcade. This is for the Project Utopia texture pack. See post
- The UFO unlocked for getting a star feature level resembles Stitch from the movie Lilo and Stitch.
- The icon unlocked for collecting 110 user coins appears to be the head of Robocop, the main character in the movie Robocop.
- The icon for the achievement "Nice Shot!" references the Rotating Block from Super Mario World.
- The icon unlocked for collecting all three coins on Theory of Everything 2 resembles a Boo, a ghost-like character from the Mario franchise.
- The robot unlocked for collecting 200 user coins appears to be a Roman/Spartan helmet.
- The robot unlocked for collecting 100 user coins appears to be a helmet that resembles Master Chief from Halo.
- The robot unlocked for beating Geometrical Dominator looks slightly like Yoshi from Super Mario World. It also looks like a Snapdragon from Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time or a dinosaur.
- The ship unlocked for collecting 75 secret coins resembles Porygon from the Pokemon franchise.
- The wave unlocked for typing the numbers from the TV show Lost in order separately into the vault (8-16-30-32-46-84), resembles the Illuminati or the All-Seeing Eye.
- The wave unlocked by the "Doomed us all!" achievement, gained by typing in a consecutive string of numbers into the vault, also resembles the Eye.
- The icon unlocked for typing the player's username into the vault appears to resemble a Minion from the Despicable Me film series. It also was believed by other players to resemble the All-Seeing Eye, similar to the "Doomed us all!' wave.
- The waves unlocked for acquiring 2,500 stars and typing "Ahead" into the vault resemble a Metroid, the main enemies of the Metroid series of video games.
- The cube unlocked for destroying 200 players also has the same face as the "Robin Hood" UFO.
- The icon unlocked for beating Jumper resembles Ogmo, the main character of the game Jumper by Matt Thorson.
- The ship unlocked for completing 1,000 user created levels directly looks like a seahorse.
- The icon rewarded for completing Viking Arena in normal mode is a reference to RoboCop.
- The robot unlocked for completing Deadlocked in normal mode and the icon unlocked for collecting 150 user coins are references to Marvel's Iron Man.
- The ship unlocked for collecting 30 user coins resembles Elliott from Disney's movie Pete's Dragon.
- The icon unlocked for beating Frontlines (Geometry Dash World exclusive) in normal mode resembles the 60 user coins icon.
- The icon unlocked for beating Monster Dance Off (Geometry Dash World exclusive) resembles a dragon found in the game.
- The wave unlocked for collecting 5 Shadow Shards resembles the X-Wing from Star Wars.
- The icon unlocked for collecting 15 Lava Shards resembles a Thwomp from Super Mario.
- The icon unlocked for 5 Bonus Unlocks resembles a cat.
- The UFO unlocked for 15 Bonus Unlocks also resembles a cat.
- The UFO for 15 Bonus unlocks may be a reference to Garfield.
- The ship unlocked for 35 bonus unlocks resembles a Chain Chomp, from the Super Mario franchise.
- The ship unlocked for collecting 800 user coins bears a resemblance to the Scarran Hierarchy Decimator, from Farscape.
- One of the UFOs that can be purchased in the shop resembles the "Look of Disapproval" emoticon.
- One of the icons that can be purchased in the shop has a little resemblance to the Ultimate Theory of Everything 2 icon.
- One of the icons that can be purchased in the shop resembles the (._.) emoticon.
- One of the icons that can be purchased in the shop resembles Gaper from The Binding from Isaac series.
- The spider that can be purchased in the Secret Shop resembles the Omnidroid from The Incredibles.
- One of the icons that can be purchased in the secret shop resembles Kratos from God of War.
- The Robot that can be purchased in the Secret Shop looks similar to Scratch, the secret shopkeeper.
- The icon unlocked for collecting 2000 diamonds resembles Kirby, a popular video game character.
- The wave unlocked for collecting 4500 stars resembles the Speed Portals inside the game.
- One of the spiders that can be found in the Treasure Room faintly resembles Shoop Da Whoop, an internet meme. As does Cubes 104 and 105.
- One of the spiders that can be found in the Treasure Room Resembles Robtop's face (In the looks of it).
- The icon unlocked for solving the "cod3breaker" puzzle in the Vault of Secrets is a fanmade icon or Jeyzor's Icon from Texture Pack Purpura.
- The icon unlocked for typing "seven" into the Vault of Secrets is a direct reference to Finn the Human from Adventure Time. It is the last icon of version 2.1 in Geometry Dash and Geometry Dash World.
- The wave unlocked for typing "Volcano" into the Chamber of Time resembles a Christmas tree, possibly hinting at the release of Geometry Dash World.
- The ball's face unlocked by Collecting 15 Fire Shards resembles the face on Dex Arson's logo.
- The robot for collecting 35 fire shards resembles Anger from the movie Inside Out.
- The cube for getting all of the keys (Chaos, Chest, and Time) resembles the logo for Marvel's Punisher. This logo is apparently similar to a skull.
- The ball for collecting 425 User Coins strongly resembles a loading circle inside another. This is similar to a ball that you can buy in the shop.
- The ship for collecting 15 Shadow Shards resembles Volcanion from the Pokemon Series.
- The cube from collecting 5 fire shards resembles a fanmade monster used in many user-created levels such as "Forever Bound" by BobRatchet.
- The UFO you receive from Scratch's shop with its tongue sticking out resembles The Rolling Stones logo.
- The ball for collecting 2000 stars resembles CGP Gray's YouTube icon.
- The color from completing Deadlocked in Practice Mode resembles a darker pink color.
- The icon unlocked for typing "Silence" into the Chamber Of Time resembles the Lego Mindstorms NXT logo.