Shops are a feature of Geometry Dash and Geometry Dash World, being introduced in Update 2.1 and Update 2.11. They are accessed by pulling ropes: the shop through the rope located on the Icon Kit menu; the secret shop and community shop through the rope located in the last section of the Treasure Room, which additionally requires 500 and 200 diamonds to unlock respectively.
The shop, secret shop, and community shop are run by the Shopkeeper, Scratch, and Potbor respectively. Each requires mana orbs as currency to purchase various Icon Kit items. The secret shop also contains the Master Emblem for 1,000 mana orbs, which enables access to the Chamber of Time. 471,500 mana orbs are required to purchase every available item; 66,000 mana orbs, 65,500 mana orbs and 340,000 mana orbs between each of the shops.
The community shop features icons created by players of the Geometry Dash Community who took part in an icon creation contest, which ran from February 7, 2017, to June 4, 2017. The winners had their icons added to the game in Update 2.11. A Credits button shows the names of the creators of each icon, included below within the captions.
The soundtracks used are BossaBossa for the shop, Sneaky Snitch for the secret shop, and March of the Spoons for the community shop. All were composed by Kevin MacLeod.
- In Geometry Dash World, the shop contains a television which allows advertisements to be watched, earning 100 mana orbs per view.
- (how voting took place for the icon contest)
- At the end of the Credits section of the community shop is a special thanks to the collaborating hosts of the icon contest, Viprin, Etzer and Michigun.
- The name 'Potbor' is Robtop spelled backwards.
- Potbor mentions page 394 of the Shopkeepers Handbook. This is a reference to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, where Professor Snape asks Harry's Defense against the Dark Arts class to turn to page 394.