Stereo Madness introduces the cube form with sequences involving spikes and simple jumping patterns. The ship form is also introduced with sequences involving spacious manoeuvres around obstacles. A cube sequence takes place from 0% to 30%; a ship sequence from 30% to 48%; a cube sequence from 48% to 85%, and a ship sequence from 85% to 100%.
- The first secret coin is located at 50% and collected as the cube. After the first ship sequence, jump twice up the first two columns, slide through a gap in the third column and jump again to collect the coin, or alternatively, jump thrice up the first three columns and slide down under the fourth column.
- The second secret coin is located at 75% and collected as the cube. After travelling upon four adjacent narrow platforms, jump four times up onto a line of descending blocks and jump off the second to last block to collect the coin, clearing a short spike upon return to the main route.
- The third secret coin located at 98% and collected as the ship. After initiating the second ship sequence, pass the first pair of obstacles before entering a small crevice missing a block by the second ceiling obstacle. The background will turn red and the grid will shift to reveal a narrow alternate passage with close-contained spikes. Passing through it will lead to the third coin at the level's end.
- Stereo Madness was the only level of the first nine levels to have its difficulty retained while the others were downgraded in Update 1.9.
- Stereo Madness is the only level not to contain manipulation portals, pads or rings and is also the only level to introduce more than one form, the cube and ship.
- The third secret coin passage is particularly unique:
- Reaching its end is the only instance where the player can diverge from the main route and end somewhere different.
- It reveals small spikes, short spikes and flashing star decorations which are formally introduced in later levels.
- It was modified and made easier in Update 1.9, having five overhead small spikes that were directly above more small spikes removed and replaced with three overhead short spikes slightly earlier.
- Stereo Madness provides text instructions telling the player to "Tap to jump over the spikes" if colliding twice with the first spike in the level.
- Stereo Madness takes 1 minute and 29 seconds to complete and requires a minimum of 77 jumps.