The Vault of Secrets is a secret feature of Geometry Dash and Geometry Dash World, being introduced in Update 2.1. It is located through the directive menu from a padlock in the upper right corner, requiring 50 diamonds to gain access.
The Vault of Secrets contains a text field and a mischievous padlock button below it, going by the name, the Keymaster, although its actual name is Glubfub. Pressing the button will cycle through a series of responses and clear any input in the text field. Entering certain phrases will unlock Icon Kit rewards and secret coins, as well as any related achievements. Hints in the form of green phrases are provided every so often to help guess the codes.
Enter the codes stated as captions to unlock the respective rewards. Some rewards require additional steps to unlock.
Upon entering 'cod3breaker', 6 numbers will appear in sequence, each fading in and out within a second, and must be used to perform mathematical calculations. Each previous term must be subtracted from the following term. For instance, given that the numbers in sequence are 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11, the calculations performed would be:
- 3 − 1 = 2
- 6 − 3 = 3
- 7 − 6 = 1
- 8 − 7 = 1
- 11 − 8 = 3
The answers to each calculation should then be entered in order as one number. The corresponding code to the above example would then be '23113'.
The code 'glubfub' is initially treated as an incorrect response. First, 'sparky' must be entered in the regular Vault. In order to steal the Keymaster's coin, you must first steal Spooky's coin. In order to do this, earn 10 user coins, go to the options menu and tap the top right to enter The Vault. Then, enter "Sparky" to steal Spooky's coin. After that, go to the Vault of Secrets and keep clicking the button until the Keymaster mentions Sparky. Then, go to The Vault again and keep clicking the button until Spooky mentions Glubfub. Finally, go to the Vault of Secrets once more and enter "Glubfub".
Entering the code 'the challenge' will make a button appear on the right. It gives access to the secret level The Challenge. This requires 200 diamonds to access. Completing the level will then open the door in the lower right corner, giving access to the Basement.
- The secret level awarded by typing The Challenge has some elements seen in the 2.1 sneak peek trailer such as the new Spider game mode. However, it can only be played after collecting at least 200 Diamonds.
- Completing this level allows the player to go into the brown door in the bottom right corner and access The Basement, with the prison and a chest, which contains a new icon.
- Occasionally, the Keymaster will insert the player's username into sentences.
- If you complete The Challenge then exit, the original Geometry Dash menu music will play instead of the usual song for The Vault of Secrets.
- The basement can also be accessed in Geometry Dash World. However, the player can only get the Green Key (from opening the special chest in the Treasure Room that is unlocked by opening 50 regular chests).
- The Creature may be the Demon Guardian who was the only one who could open the Demon Gauntlet. This is because the key that is used to unlock the Demon Gauntlet can be found when the player frees him.
- If you type in RobTop you will get an orange response saying: RUBRUBRUBRUBRUBRUB.
- If you type Kappa you will get an orange response saying: There is no Kappa icon...
- If you type Unicorn you will get an orange response saying: Why do they have a horn?
- If you type RubRubPowah123 you will get an orange response saying: Ultimate Haxxor mode enabled. Not...
- 1st face: "Hey I heard some noi..." (This face is also the regular face used in all other dialogues.)
- 2nd face: "Wait... is the gate..."
- 3rd face: "You opened the gate..."
- 4th face: "YOU OPENED THE GATE! GAH THIS IS BAD. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD..."
- "This is not the room you are looking for..." is a reference to the phrase" "These aren't the droids you're looking for." from the movie Star Wars: A New Hope.
- "You shall not pass!" and "It's my precious..." are both references to the movie series The Lord Of The Rings.
- "Player used knock! Its not very effective..." and "A wild lock appeared" is a reference to the Pokémon games.
- The icon unlocked for typing the word 'seven' is Finn from Adventure Time.
- "O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo!" is a reference to the song NOMA - Brain Power. The code (Brainpower) also references the same song.
- The icon unlocked for solving the "cod3breaker" puzzle is used in the "Small lava test" video and is also a fanmade icon.
- The creature in the basement resembles the Pokemon Gengar and the Ultimate Deadlocked icon.
Vault of Secrets exchanges
A random clue (green text) can appear between any line at any moment, and they are shown in Clues and Miscellaneous. When typing in a valid password for the first time, a corresponding special line is triggered. The same line can never be triggered again after the player has done the corresponding password once, and these lines are shown as italic and have a word behind them, with the word representing the corresponding password.