Viking Arena uses all the existent features, blocks, and decorations available in Geometry Dash. The level features a lava-themed chase level, and as Deadlocked, this level has monsters posing a threat to the player. However, the monsters in Deadlocked are in front of the character and blast lasers while in Viking Arena, the monsters are pursuing the character.
- The first Secret Coins is located at 44% and is collected as the ship. To unlock this coin, the player must jump into a faint, glowing decoration at 8% in the cube form, which appears in the air just before the player passes it. The cube will collect a green key, which appears between a pair of torches and causes an obstacle at 44% to disappear. Once the key is obtained, the coin is very easy to collect, for it is located in an open area.
- The second secret coin is located at 54% and is collected as the cube. When the player approaches two pillars marked with a down arrow, the player must jump on the first pillar, but not the second. This will lead the player to an alternate pathway, where the blocks that make up the normal pathway will fade away and reveal a secret area beneath with the coin, and continue to the normal path.
- The third secret coin is located at 72% and is collected as the ship. After flying through moving columns, the player will come across three arrows that point upwards. Instead of following the arrows, the player should fly underneath the following moving column, being wary of the thorns below the player, collect the coin and continue to the normal path.
- This level formally introduces jump pads, but they are encountered in The Seven Seas as a part of collecting Secret Coins.
- Viking Arena takes 1 minute and 23 seconds to complete and requires a minimum of 49 jumps.
- The reason for it's low jump count is due to the long ship sections.