xStep formally introduces the blue jump pads and rings and lots of decorations. The level starts with a cube segment from 0% to 8%, then following a ball segment from 9% to 17%, with a ship segment from 18% to 26%, and a cube segment from 27% to 35%. A ship segment follows up from 36% to 54%, followed by a cube segment from 55% to 72%, a ball segment from 73% to 90% and a ship segment to end the level from 91% to 100%.
- The first secret coin is located at 21% and collected as the ship. When the player comes to the last spiked structure, they must aim to fly over it. Then they can go down a bit to collect the coin, making sure to fly up immediately after to prevent crashing into the wall.
- The second secret coin is located at 53% and collected as the ship. When the passage starts going up again, the player must manoeuvre the ship into a small hole, then hold up to exit through the other side and proceed as usual.
- The third secret coin is located at 59% and collected as the cube. On a platform, there is a double spike followed by a blue pad. To get the coin, the player must jump right next to the spike to jump over the pad. Then, the player will reach a blue gravity ring; tap on it to continue normally.
- xStep formally introduces a variety of map components, although they are previously encountered in the following levels are part of collecting secret coins.
- Pulsating stars were used in Stereo Madness in the path for the last secret coin.
- The blue gravity pad was used in Back On Track and Polargeist for the secret coins.
- The middle block of the diamond design was used in Jumper and Cycles for the secret coins.
- The wavy platforms were used in Stereo Madness, Back On Track, Polargeist, Dry Out, Base After Base and Can't Let Go.
- xStep and Cycles are the only levels to reward icons in practice mode.
- xStep takes 1 minute and 24 seconds to complete and requires a minimum of 82 jumps.